About kNot Today
kNot Today strives to bring about a world that cherishes and protects the beauty and innocence of every child. Founded by the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, Frank Reich, and his wife Linda, kNot Today’s mission is to generate awareness and initiate prevention strategies to end sexual abuse, exploitation, and trafficking of children. kNot Today was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in Indianapolis.
About the Role
The Bookkeeper and Accounting Assistant role requires exceptional organizational skills, basic accounting knowledge, and a strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail. The position entails working closely with the Program Director and a third party CPA in managing organizational operations in three areas: accounting, tax filing, and donor database management.
What You’ll Do
- Manage financial details, budget intricacies, and internal/external accounting procedures.
- Pay invoices by verifying documentation, preparing disbursement, and obtaining authorization as needed
- Deposit all donations (revenue) by verifying transaction data
- Substantiate financial transactions by posting, coding, and submitting documentation through Quickbooks Desktop as outlined in procedures.
- Maintain accounting controls by following and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation and making adjustments as needed
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents electronically and hard copy
- Ensure completion of annual tax filings by third party CPA as outlined in policy and procedures
- Work with a third party CPA to ensure accounting processes and monthly reconciliations meet GAAP
- Collaborate as needed on program and annual budgets
Donor Database Management
- Enter and code all donations into DonorPerfect (donor database software)
- Reconcile DonorPerfect to Quickbooks Desktop monthly to ensure records match
- Run reports as requested for team analysis on constituents
- Maintain and clean up database for ease of use and proper reporting
- Keep up to date on database features by watching webinars and reading blog posts to help the organization get the most out of the software
What You’ll Need
Education: Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field
Ed. Equivalent: 3+ years bookkeeping experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly computer literate with specific experience in QuickBooks and Google Drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible part-time schedule
Nonprofit experience ideal, startup mentality a must; a cross-functional team player who gets things done, is scrappy, and hands-on. Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTN: Hiring Manager | Alyssa VanVactor, Executive Director
kNot Today is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based solely upon an individual’s merit and qualifications directly related to the position. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or any other characteristics protected by law. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.