About kNot Today
kNot Today strives to bring about a world that cherishes and protects the beauty and innocence of every child. Founded by the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, Frank Reich, and his wife Linda, kNot Today’s mission is to generate awareness and initiate prevention strategies to end sexual abuse, exploitation, and trafficking of children. kNot Today was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in Indianapolis.
About the Role
The Operations + Admin Assistant will work in the office alongside kNot Today Executive Director and Program Director 20 hours a week in the office with options for flexible, hybrid work as you get up to speed. This role is responsible for supporting the administrative team to help them stay organized and complete tasks that allow them to focus on strategic initiatives and program development. The job duties can vary widely, so prepare to be flexible! Like many not for profits, we have an all-hands on deck mentality. You will work closely with the Executive Director to support the growth and execution of our strategic priorities including research and organization around our programs, engaging in event planning and meeting setup and implementation.
What You’ll Do
On any given day, they may perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Answer phone and greet guests
- Prepare communications, such as emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence for Executive Director
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Create and maintain briefs, filings, and organizational documents
- Create, process, and distribute mailing and orders
- Inventory management and organization
- Donor Management organization (use a CRM to input information, notes, running reports, database organization, setting up appointments, manage accounts)
- Organizing contracts and vendors
- Admin responsibilities (schedule appoints and maintain calendars )
- Program Management assistance (research, organizational)
- Event support, communication, management
- Board Reminders (minutes, emails etc)
- Resource/program management and tracking
What You’ll Need
In order to perform their various duties, an Administrative Assistant must exhibit many varied skills and qualifications. The Administrative Assistant is a support position, meaning that communications and decision-making are paramount. A few of the specific skills that all administrative assistants should possess include:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience, basic computer skills: Google Docs, Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Team player: supportive, professional, creative, hard working. Capacity to function both independently and as an engaged team member.
- Reliability and Responsibility: being on time, task oriented, and reliable are key to this role. Helping the organization be more efficient and effective by handling tasks in a responsible manner. Prepared daily with laptop, transportation, and home internet access.
- Decision-making: ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communication and collaboration: collaborate with other staff and support personnel, management, and clients on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills: organization and prioritization are the core elements of the Admin Assistant’s responsibilities. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important within a given list.
- Writing: spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are essential to the role. Being able to perform proficiently in a variety of styles and types of media.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for protecting and kNot Today’s mission
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
Nonprofit experience ideal, startup mentality a must; a cross-functional team player who gets things done, is scrappy, and hands-on. Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously. Experience working in CRMs; specifically Donor Perfect would be a plus.