A Letter From Our Founders
Dear kNot Today Family,
As we reflect on the past year, we are nothing short of humbled by the outpouring of support and encouragement we have received to fight against the sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking of children. When kNot Today was founded in 2019, we had one goal: protect children. We had a platform, a passion, and a strong indication that this fight would be a big one in the physical world and the spiritual one. But over the past three years, we could have never anticipated the scale that we would encounter.
- At a time of peak isolation during the pandemic, the sexual abuse and exploitation of children hit unprecedented numbers as solicitation and victimization advanced with technology. In 2020, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reported 21.7M files of child sexual abuse materials.
- The National Children’s Alliance – the governing body for nearly 1,000 Child Advocacy Centers- shared data that 65% of their cases involved child sexual abuse.
- And the trials of Larry Nassar, Josh Duggar and Ghislaine Maxwell served as a very public reminder that perpetrators and the far-reaching nature of this crime have no demographic. It stems from the depths of the dark web to the suburban neighborhood to the upper tiers of political and cultural society.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
The fight is a dark one; yet, we remain encouraged because the victories have also been great. This year, we grew our relationships with lawmakers, law enforcement, service providers, and our peers in this fight. It became clear that through our collective efforts, the world is taking notice.
- With your support, we have been able to further our education and awareness movements. Educators, healthcare providers, and churches are saying ‘kNot Today’ and investing in proactive education and training.
- Major brands like the NFL and Super Bowl Host Committee have committed to the fight, and individuals in positions of power and influence have stepped up to make their voice heard in support of the mission.
- We have been able to accelerate access to state-of-the-art technology for our local law enforcement teams that supported hundreds of search warrants, dozens of prosecutions and, ultimately, the identification and rescue of children in Indiana.
As we look to the New Year, we are filled with hope, passion, and purpose for the work that lies ahead. kNot Today’s new team is poised and ready to take on an expansion to North Carolina to spread awareness and fund important restoration work for survivors in the Charlotte area. Through careful planning and consideration, kNot Today has developed a bold strategic plan for 2022 to impact the lives of as many children and families as possible. Below are some of the initiatives that your continued support will help accomplish:
- Multilingual digital resource hub with training and information for various industries (healthcare, hospitality, educators), survivors, parents, children, and more.
- Funding for Indiana institutions to facilitate training for youth and staff about child sexual abuse, exploitation, and trafficking.
- Restoration grants to Indiana child advocacy centers and vetted direct service providers in Charlotte, NC.
- Continued support of state-of-the-art technology for the Internet Crimes against Children Task Force in Indiana and North Carolina.
- The expansion of ‘Trafficking Free Zones’ across the U.S. A community collaboration to arrest and prosecute sex buyers, educate people on sex trafficking, connect the community with victim and buyer services, and implement demand reduction techniques.
None of this work would be possible without you. Our impact is a credit to your support. Every dollar, every connection, every voice has been critical to advancing this mission. Thank you for all your efforts, prayers, and encouragement.
You are a valued part of our family, and we wish you a safe, blessed and prosperous New Year.
With Sincere Gratitude,
Frank & Linda Reich, co-founders kNot Today
01st Nov, 2023
31st Oct, 2022