Our Grant Portal for 2022 is Live!
kNot Today was honored to award over $100,000 in grants to five amazing organizations in 2021. But this is just the beginning. We believe that part of our role as an organization is to be a catalyst. That means finding, vetting and partnering with other organizations who are making a big impact to protect and restore children who have been sexually abused, exploited or trafficked.
Extensive research is conducted – including a thorough needs assessment – to identify the organizations best equipped to meet the needs of children in our focus areas of awareness, prevention and restoration.
kNot Today typically makes one-year grants, with awards between $5,000 and $40,000. Exceptions are permitted in rare circumstances for larger awards or multi-year grants, but we encourage you to apply for a max of $40,000.
The GRANT CYCLE
kNot Today makes strategic investments in programs that offer preventive strategies and/or proactive initiatives in one or more of the following focus areas that align with the organization’s mission to end the sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking of children.
Assist law enforcement agencies with the tools and technology to expand and scale their efforts to protect children.
- Promote access to education in schools that will advance the identification of children in need.
- Provide educational and workforce opportunities that help survivors reach their full potential.
- Ensure survivors have access to long-term, restorative care and their basic needs are met through reliable housing, education and transportation.
To receive funds, your agency must:
- Have 501(c) (3) tax-exempt status as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Spend no more than 5% of your budget on legislative involvement.
- Faith-based applicants should clarify whether, and the extent to which, the organization’s religious beliefs are integrated into the project.
- Funds cannot be allocated to salaries or capital.
- KT grants fund specific programs that support children.
- KT encourages that each agency only submits one application each year. Given the high demand for funding, it is unlikely that KT will be able to provide funding to more than one program per agency within a grant year.
- KT funds projects that will make a measurable difference, and for which impact can be demonstrated and shared.
- KT examines the financial stability of programs and agencies.
- KT favors innovative, collaborative, and creative programs that meet community needs and align with our mission to protect and empower children.
- KT will conduct interviews prior to allocating funds.
PROCESS OVERVIEW AND TIMELINE
Letters of Intent (LOI) – if after reviewing kNot Today’s mission and focus areas you feel your organization is a match, please submit a request through the form below.
If your inquiry meets criteria in the initial review, you will receive an invitation email to submit the Full Application. If you are selected as a finalist, an interview will be scheduled. These steps are not an indication of funding. kNot Today will communicate a decision about your application when the programmatic review and due diligence process is complete in October.
- Letter of Intent Applications Open | July 15 – Sept 30, 2022
- Finalist Interviews | October 2022
- Grantee Award Notifications | November 2022
- Grantee Award Announcement | November 2022
- Distribution of Funds | December 2022
- Celebration Event | April 2023
- Grant Report Due | October 2023
01st Nov, 2023
31st Oct, 2022